#Passion2015 Session 2 notes: Francis Chan
Passion 2015 Session 2: Francis Chan
- It’s You and Him. This [Passion 2015] is going to last another day .. but it’s about You and God. It has to be this way. Because what makes worship awesome is the object of our worship.
- We should be excited to worship because of the object [God] of our worship.
- We’re in the presence of God.
Matthew 25:40 ..‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,you did it to me.’
- We get to be part of God’s plan.
Exodus 19:9-17 And the Lord said to Moses, “Behold, I am coming to you in a thick cloud, that the people may hear when I speak with you, and may also believe you forever.” When Moses told the words of the people to theLord, the Lord said to Moses, “Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow, and let them wash their garments and be ready for the third day. For on the third day the Lord will come down on Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people. And you shall set limits for the people all around, saying, ‘Take care not to go up into the mountain or touch the edge of it. Whoever touches the mountain shall be put to death. No hand shall touch him, but he shall be stoned or shot; whether beast or man, he shall not live.’ When the trumpet sounds a long blast, they shall come up to the mountain.” So Moses went down from the mountain to the people and consecrated the people; and they washed their garments. And he said to the people, “Be ready for the third day; do not go near a woman.” On the morning of the third day there were thunders and lightnings and a thick cloud on the mountain and a very loud trumpet blast, so that all the people in the camp trembled. Then Moses brought the people out of the camp to meet God, and they took their stand at the foot of the mountain.
- I’m praying you never lose the wonder of prayer.
- I pray that you never lose the wonder that you can be alone with Him.
Exodus 33:7-11 Now Moses used to take the tent and pitch it outside the camp, far off from the camp, and he called it the tent of meeting. And everyone who sought the Lord would go out to the tent of meeting, which was outside the camp. Whenever Moses went out to the tent, all the people would rise up, and each would stand at his tent door, and watch Moses until he had gone into the tent. When Moses entered the tent, the pillar of cloud would descend and stand at the entrance of the tent, and the Lord would speak with Moses. And when all the people saw the pillar of cloud standing at the entrance of the tent, all the people would rise up and worship, each at his tent door. Thus the Lord used to speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. When Moses turned again into the camp, his assistant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man, would not depart from the tent.
- It’s finished, do you understand that? It’s finished, there used to be a veil there. Now it’s torn open, and now you can get into the presence of God.
- This is amazing. I get to be in the presence of God. He’s watching me.
- Get in your tent. You’re not going to have this [Passion, youth group, your church, role models..] forever.
- This is your center, your tent. It’s just you and Him.
- This is the one thing that remains constant. This is the One thing that always remains the same.
- Get in the tent now. Make it your habit, your oxygen.
1 Peter 4:7 The end of all things is at hand; therefore be self-controlled and sober-minded for the sake of your prayers.
- It’s right there. The end of all things is at hand. So you better be self controlled, clear minded, for the sake of your prayers.
- The one thing you want to have together when he returns is your prayer life.
- Prayer is the goal.
- My concern for this generation is that you can’t focus deeply in prayer.
- I want to have you guys close your eyes and walk up the mountain.
- Meet with him face to face like Moses did in that tent.
- He is literally watching you right now.
Note: These notes were taken during session 2 of Passion 2015. They may or may not be Francis’ exact words.