#Passion2013 – Session 7 notes – John Piper
- He’s worthy of everlasting honor, and adoration.
- Our worship is the subjective echo of God’s objective worth.
- We were made for the admiration of the excellence of Jesus.
- If they persecute me they’ll persecute you.
- If you follow Jesus in the path of love you will suffer.
Hebrews 10:32-36 But recall the former days when, after you were enlightened, you endured a hard struggle with sufferings, 33sometimes being publicly exposed to reproach and affliction, and sometimes being partners with those so treated. 34For you had compassion on those in prison, andyou joyfully accepted the plundering of your property, since you knew that you yourselves had a better possession and an abiding one.35Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward. 36For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised.
Hebrews 11:24-26 By faith Moses, when he was grown up, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter,25choosing rather to be mistreated with the people of God than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin. 26He considered the reproach of Christ greater wealth than the treasures of Egypt, for he was looking tothe reward.
Hebrews 12:1-2 Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, andlet us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
Revelation 1:5 and from Jesus Christ the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of kings on earth. To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood
- The greatest act of liberation happened when Jesus paid for our sins.
- The early Christians joyfully embraced suffering..
- Moses embraced the suffering of liberation..
- Jesus embraced the suffering of liberation..
- He looked to the reward.. [Hebrews 12:1-2]
* These are my notes and may or may not be John’s exact words.
Related Posts –