#Passion2013 – Session 4 notes – Francis Chan
- If you really want to experience God, go and make disciples.
2 Timothy 2:11-13 Here is a trustworthy saying: If we died with him, we will also live with him; if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us; if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself.
- If we are faithless, he remains faithful.
- If I’m going to die with him, I’m going to live with him.
- If we endure, we will also reign with him.
Hebrews 3:14 We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first.
Colossians 1:21-23 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation– if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.
Revelation 2:10 Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you the crown of life.
Jeremiah 32:40 I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good to them, and I will inspire them to fear me, so that they will never turn away from me.
- Just as you did not come to Christ alone, you will not remain in Christ alone.
- What would it be like to sit on the thrown with Jesus?
- If we endure we’re going to reign with him.
- If we deny him, he will also deny us.
- Why do we believe God’s promises of blessing and not God’s promises of wrath?
- You can lean on God’s Word. If he promises, he’s going to come through.
- If we are faithless, he will remain faithful.
- How much do you trust God? Do you believe you can trust 1 John 1:9?
1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
- How much do you trust this promise?
Revelation 21:1-5 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
* These are my notes and may or may not be Francis’ exact words.
Related Posts –