#Passion2013 – Session 1 notes – Louie Giglio
Isaiah 26:8 “Yes Lord walking in the way of your truth, we wait eagerly for you, for your name and your renown are the desire of our souls.”
- I [God] am the God of immeasurably more.
- God is the God of immeasurably more than you can ask or imagine.
- Not just in the context of a conference but of your life.
Ezekiel 36:24 ‘For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land.
- God’s just breathing into us.
- He’s sending a voice, and his voice is saying, I want to bring you back, I want to sprinkle you clean..and I want to put a new heart in you, and I want to put my spirit in you.
ch 37:1 The hand of the Lord was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the Lord and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones. He led me back and forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry.
- Do you think I can do immeasurably more?
Mark 9:14-27 When they came to the other disciples, they saw a large crowd around them and the teachers of the law arguing with them. As soon as all the people saw Jesus, they were overwhelmed with wonder and ran to greet him. “What are you arguing with them about?” he asked. A man in the crowd answered, “Teacher, I brought you my son, who is possessed by a spirit that has robbed him of speech. Whenever it seizes him, it throws him to the ground. He foams at the mouth, gnashes his teeth and becomes rigid. I asked your disciples to drive out the spirit, but they could not.” “O unbelieving generation,” Jesus replied, “how long shall I stay with you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy to me.” So they brought him. When the spirit saw Jesus, it immediately threw the boy into a convulsion. He fell to the ground and rolled around, foaming at the mouth. Jesus asked the boy’s father, “How long has he been like this?” “From childhood,” he answered. 22“It has often thrown him into fire or water to kill him. But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us.” ” ‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for him who believes.” Immediately the boy’s father exclaimed, “I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” When Jesus saw that a crowd was running to the scene, he rebuked the evil spirit. “You deaf and mute spirit,” he said, “I command you, come out of him and never enter him again.” The spirit shrieked, convulsed him violently and came out. The boy looked so much like a corpse that many said, “He’s dead.” But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him to his feet, and he stood up.
Ezekiel 37: 3-4 He asked me, “Son of man, can these bones live?” I said, “O Sovereign Lord, you alone know.” Then he said to me, “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord!
- Come on, do we remember who we are here to exalt?
- We are here in the presence of the speaker of the galaxies himself..
- God can do whatever is immeasurably more in us.
- “If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for him who believes.
- Immeasurably more.
- Do you believe I can do immeasurably more in your life and in your generation?
1. Speak the word into the death, into the valley, into the dryness.
- That’s what we’re going to do. We’re going to speak the word.
vs 5 This is what the SovereignLord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life.
2. I’m going to breathe breath into you and give you life.
vs 6 I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.’ ”
3. I’m going to attach tendons to you..and cover you with skin. It’s all about God repairing and restoring.
I know that He is the Lord. I know that God can do immeasurably more because He did it in me.
- Jesus come. I don’t need more speakers, I don’t need more fans..I need you Jesus. Come into my valley, come into my dryness. When Jesus comes he does them. The found are going to go free because Jesus is come.
- When Jesus comes the bound go free because Jesus has come.
- When Jesus is on the scene the dead come to life. The Gospel moves in action.
- He who has the son has the life.
- When Christ comes he raises the dead to life and that’s what he’s going to do in this place.
- Thousands of people in this dome are going to come to everlasting life because Jesus is here.
- It’s not because of Passion. It’s because of Jesus.
- Dried up bones in a valley of darkness are going to see.
- Immeasurably more than what you could have asked or imagined when you came here.
- Jesus makes the lame walk.
- When Jesus comes he sends us out. When Jesus comes he gets the glory.
- Every knee will bow on heaven and on earth, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.
- Jesus must be praised and glorified in all things.
- We’re going to live our lives for the glory of God.
- He says I want to breathe into you the spirit of life.
- Into the valley came a voice. Into the darkness came a voice. Into you comes a voice.
God I’m asking you to do the immeasurably more than I could ask or imagine.