Network Summit 2012 – 10-Min Leadership Talks
Jerry Hurley – Pastoral Team Development Leader
- Proverbs 23:7, Romans 12:2
- Actions follow what is in our head.
- If we can be intentional about what we have in our head we can be intentional about what happens out there.
- Does my self-perception align with what others see?
- We have to be intentional about asking people to give us their perspective.
- Does my self-perception align with reality?
- We have to understand our heading and bearing.
- Will my actions today take me to where I want to be tomorrow next year and beyond?
- There is incredible power in the spoken word.
- You have a God like power to speak things into existence.
Conversations in our head –
- Is what I’m doing a result of an old belief? Is this belief true?
- If you hav e conversations of self-doubt within yourself find something that works..accountability, surrender, etc.
- Am I leveraging my strengths and compensating for my weaknesses?
- Capacity is not finite.
- How can I help my people grow in their capacity?
- Each of us has the power to do more.
- Am I fully engaged?
- Be engaged.
- Ephesians 2:10
Sam Roberts – Campus Operations
- Before you were formed in the womb, God knew you.
- Before you were born God knew exactly what he wanted you to do.
Chris Beall – OKC Campus Pastor
- Ecclesiastes – There is a season and time for everything under the sun.
- There’s a time for planning and a time for harvest.
- Sometimes we get caught up in the symptoms rather than the causes.
- Attendance is a symptom, not a cause.
General philosophies for building the kingdom –
- We think about and celebrate causal things not the symptomatic things.
- Relationships matter.
- The local church is a spiritual community.
- The stories you tell, the things you celebrate, create the culture you’re in.
- We think about and celebrate things that create other things.
- Do what you want to see your people doing.