What I’m learning (quotes) from “Never Eat Alone” by Keith Ferrazzi – Part 1
What book(s) have you been reading lately?
Having just started a new older book titled “Never Eat Alone: and other secrets to success, one relationship at a time” by Keith Ferrazzi I thought I would share some of what he shares throughout the book (what I’m learning) as I’m reading. He gives a lot of good advice from his personal experience over the years about relationships and business. Pretty much, to sum up what I’ve read so far in the first three chapters, we were made for relationships. Relationships are important. Check out the following quotes –
- ..You can’t get there alone.
- Success in any business, is about working with people, not against them.
- Over time, I came to see reaching out to people as a way to make a difference in people’s lives as well as a way to explore and learn and enrich my own…
- I learned that real networking was about finding ways to make other people more successful. It was about working hard to give more than you get.
- It’s a constant process of giving and receiving – of asking for and offering help.
- You gain trust by asking not what people can do for you…but what you can do for others. … In other words, the currency of real networking is not greed but generosity.
- Disciplined dreamers all have one thing in common: a mission.
- The kind of discipline that turns a dream into a mission, and a mission into a reality, really just comes down to a process of setting goals.
These are only a few of the good things I’ve found so far. Relationships are important as well as the other part I forgot about is having a dream, a mission, and setting goals.Over the next few days I’ll continue to share what I’ve been learning from this book as well as more quotes as they seem fitting.
If you are interested in learning more about the types of things talked about above as well as “other secrets to success, one relationship at a time” I’d recommend getting this book or borrowing it from your library.