Your Words Have Power!
Did you know that your words have power? Tonight at Resurrection Life Church this is what we learned about.
“The tongue has the power of life and death,..” – Prov 18:21a
- The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. – Prov 12:18
- A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. – Prov 15:1
- The tongue of the wise adorns knowledge, but the mouth of the fool gushes folly. – Prov 15:2
- The soothing tongue is a tree of life, but a perverse tongue crushes the spirit. – Prov 15:4
- For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.” – Matt 12:37
Your words have power. The power of life and the power of death. This ^ is what Dar Blanchan, guest pastor, from Victory Christian Center taught us tonight. Pretty much –
If we are sick, we know that God is our healer. Don’t say, “oh I’m so sick I’ll never get well.” Instead you might say, “Thank you Jesus that you are my healer and that you are working in my body and healing me.”
If you’re having a bad day and you keep saying over and over that it’s the worst day you’ve ever had, it just might be, because that’s what you are speaking.
If you want your marriage to get better or your husband to listen to you, you might thank Jesus that he is working in that persons life and bringing restoration.
I know I have some work to do, not always in my words but definitely in how I think as well. Thinking it is about as bad or worse than saying it. So with my research paper, my sisters wedding coming up, everything happening with moving this summer (yes, I’m moving, will post about that another time), projects, and anything else…I have to remember to speak and think words of life too. This isn’t just for you, it’s for me too!
Speak what you want to see in line with God’s will. The power of life and death are in your tongue, your words. Choose to speak words of life this week.