Seeds Conference 2012 – session 4 notes – Ed Young
Ed Young – Leadership
- We should fear God. Not in an unhealthy way, but in a healthy way.
- I’ve got to instill some sort of fear into people’s lives as a leader.
- Don’t apologize for being a leader.
1. Draft impact players.
- We’ve got to have discernment as a leaders.
- We have to draft people who are strong.
- Higher leaders.
- Go through conflict. Turn around and see who’s got your back.
- Look at their spouse.
- How do they spell relational relief?
- Who are they hanging out with? Take a look at Facebook.
- Check references.
- Draft impact players.
- Change, conflict, growth.
- You better have a place in your church where people who just started coming and new believers can serve.
- Have a big place in your pool where they can start serving.
- Have a shallow end and a deep end in every ministry.
- The vision should be so hot, that people gotta wear shades.
- Make them know and feel the vision of your church.
- You cannot talk about the vision enough.
- Don’t assume seem people know the vision.
- Talk about the vision.
- People don’t give to need. They give to vision.
- Are you promoting what you’re doing?
- Are you promoting the vision and provision of your church?
- Entertainment for the heart. Promote it.
- We should be the best promoters in the world.
7. Consult other leaders before you consult the consultant.
- If church gets boring just through on some music and mess them up.
- Pay your staff well.
- I would rather ask questions then read books.
- Don’t short change your staff.
- Pay them well.
- It’s not how
- What kind of hats are you wearing as a leader?
- No matter what you do people will leave your church.
- The children’s ministry is the most important part of the church.
- Put your best volunteers with the children.
- Do special days.
- Create a climate of critquing.
- When you give something to someone check out what you gave them. Investigate.
- I’ve got to get under the things God’s put over me and I’ve got to get over those who are under me.
- Somebody honor somebody.
- I’m going to go where I’m celebrated not tolerated.
- The main thing is the message.
- It’s about souls.
- The radically rescued rescue radically.
- To fish you have to have vision.
- It’s about souls because there’s no business like soul business.
* These are my notes and may or may not be Ed’s exact words.