The Nines 2011 – How I Do Vision – 10-10:30am notes
JD Greear – The Summit Church (Durham, NC) – Scattered Church
- The power of the church scattered is more significant than the church gathered.
- We believe our church’s success should be measured more by our “sending” capacity than our seating capacity.
- The power of God was to be taken place through the members of the community.
- Empower your people.
Scott Lehr – Southbridge Fellowship (Raleigh, NC): Vision is a Pain
- Vision is often birthed in pain.
- Think about your vision and where it comes from.
- Andy Stanley says that vision is a picture in our mind about what could be a passion in our heart about what should be.
- God help me to see people the way you see people.
- What is your vision? Is it birthed in pain?
- The key question to ask yourself is “Who gets the glory if your vision is accomplished?
Todd Bishop – The Point Church (Long Island, NY) : Vision of an Identity Crisis
- What has God called us to envision?
- Be original.
- Be who God designed you to be.
- God has called us to be original. Not to duplicate other churches.
- Ephesians 2:10
- Your church is God’s masterpiece.
- Make your vision original.
- Be original and watch what God will do in and through your life.
Troy Gramling – Potential Church (Cooper City, FL) : Use the Calendar
- Create anticipation.
- Use social media.
- Anything worth focusing on really makes a difference.
- Focus your online presence on that series.
- Work hard to market to the staff. If they are excited they’ll invite invite invite.
- Always plan that big day to leverage the next weekend.
Bryan Carter – Concord Church (Dallas, TX) : 8 with your Mate
- Spiritual – What are we doing to grow in our relationship with God?
- Professional – How can we grow in ministry?
- Financial – How can we get out of debt? How can we plan for retirement?
- House – What do we need to do around the house?
- Family – How can we be growing our kids? How can we grow their character?
- Marriage – Date nights, anniversary plans, etc
- Health – How can we better care for our bodies?
- Fun – What kind of vacations are we going to take? What are our plans for fun?
Take a vacation.
Tara Jenkins – Learning from Culture
- Don’t just be biblical but also be practical.
- Be radical enough to study culture.