The Nines 2011 – Time – 12:10 – 12:40pm notes
Jon Acuff – Dave Ramsey Organization (Nashville, TN) : 90% beats 100%
3 fears – starting, failing, and success.
- Am I being productive.
- 90% perfect and preached is always more productive than 100% and still on your desk.
- Matching the right level of energy with the right time.
- Match the right level of energy to the right activity.
- Make a list of activities & assign energy level.
- Time is like money.
- Margin is like a time savings account.
- Even God rested! He didn’t spend all His time, and neither can we.
- All nine topics in less than 5 minutes.
- Preaching and teaching – preach out of the overflow of what God’s doing in our life.
- Time – You manage the schedule, not the schedule manages you.
- Staff – Care about your staff.
- Marriage and Family – Treat my wife like she is my bride, treat your church like they are the bride of Christ.
- Vision – Vision is listen to God, do what he says. Vision comes from time with the Lord.
- Money – Give 10% to God, the tithe. Give to God, give generously to God, help others, spend the rest on whatever.
- Disciple – He is discipling teenagers.
- Gracefulness – Lord increase my compassion level. Have as much patience with them as Jesus would have with them.
- Physical and emotional energy – I work out. I believe pastors ought to work out and take care of their physical body. Emotional energy – I see a counselor.
- Everything goes on the calendar. Putting priority stuff first.
- Stack meeting days. Putting all of my meetings on one or two days. Have a couple days a week where I have very few days.
- Calendar rests. Slot times for rest.
- I manage my travel schedule.
- Leave room for people and leave room for God.
- T. ouch I. nspire M.otivate E.ncourage
- You can write even if you’re in full time ministry.
- Train your body to get up early.
- If you want to be a writer retrain yourself to get up early and take those very quiet hours to write.
- Hebrews 13:7
- Manage your time for successful lifelong ministry.
- Fall in love with Jesus more than we fall in love with church ministry.
- Serve in your areas of giftedness more often than in the things that drain you.
- Never stop meeting with people outside of the church.