The Nines 2011 – Staff – 6:25-6:50pm notes
Scott Williams – Next Level Solutions (Oklahoma City, OK): Manger or Leader
- B.E.C.C. Leadership – B.elieve E.ncourage C.hallenge C.orrect
- The difference between leaders and managers is that leaders develop followers while managers manage resources.
- Positional equity is key in the role of manager. Leaders focus on developing followers.
10 things –
- Essence. Managers are all about stability, leaders are about change
- Rules. Managers make the rules, leaders break the rules for the sake of the organization.
- Approach. Managers plan the details, leaders set the direction.
- Culture. Managers execute, leaders shape the culture.
- Conflict. Managers avoid conflict, leaders use conflict because they realize that there’s no movement without friction.
- Direction. Managers like to use existing roads, leaders like to create new roads.
- Credit. Managers tend to take credit, leaders tend to give credit.
- Decisions. Managers make the decisions, leaders tend to facilitate decisions.
- Vision. Managers tell – leaders sell.
- Style. Managers are transactional, leaders are transformational.
- Be a world changer, be a leader.
Stephen Brewster – Cross Point Church (Nashville, TN): Creative Mojo – Straight Up!
9 ideas that will jump start your creativity –
- Collaborate. Collaborate with your team, and other people.
- Change your canvas.
- Change your soundtrack.
- Change your question.
- Start to subtract.
- Go to your “bucket.” Fill your bucket with ideas.
Carey Nieuwhof – Connexus Community Church (Barrie, ON): Feel Free
- It’s important to realize that you are a part of the Kingdom of God, but you are not the entirety of the of the Kingdom of God.
- Just because it’s a good idea doesn’t mean we have to do it.
Related Posts –
- The Nines 2011 – How I Do Vision – 10-10:30am notes
- The Nines 2011 – Family – 10:30-11am notes
- The Nines 2011 – Discipleship – 11-11:40am notes
- The Nines 2011 – Grace – 11:45am-12pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Time – 12:10-12:40pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Preaching – 12:40-1:10pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Vision – 1:15-1:40pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Staff – 1:40-2:10pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Physical – 2:15-2:45pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Discipleship – 2:45-3:20pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Money – 3:25-3:55pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Family – 3:55-4:30pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Vision – 4:45-5:15pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Time – 5:20-5:50pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – How I Do Preaching – 5:50-6:25pm notes