The Nines 2011 – Staff – 1:40 – 2:10pm notes
Dino Rizzo – Healing Place Church (Baton Rouge, LA) : One Man’s Honor
- We believe in the power of this word: honor.
- We cannot let honor exit the DNA of our staff.
- Honor is essential to leading a high quality staff team.
- To dishonor is to take something lightly.
- You don’t say “thanks,” you say “thank you.”
- Look for ways to honor the people who have stood in the gap for you!
- What you fail to honor you eventually lose.
Eric Bramlett – Community Christian Church (Naperville, IL) : Brainstorming
- The art of multi-tasking.
- Consider what your creative meetings look like.
- Consider relaxing and letting people participate the best way they know how.
- Some people need to have their laptop open during meetings.
- You shut down their outlets and they’ll shut down their participation.
Jenni Catron – Cross Point Church (Nashville, TN) : The Four Dimensions of Leadership
- Self-leadership – begins and ends with yourself. Model being a self-leader.
- Managerial leadership or Organization leadership – We help move the organization forward.
- Visionary leadership – These are the leaders who naturally give hope and a clear picture of the future.
- Spiritual leadership – Your team needs you to speak into their lives – they need you to be praying for them – they need you to care for their soul.
It’s important that every leader work to develop skill in each of these areas – even if it doesn’t come naturally.
Jorge Acevedo – Grace Church (Cape Coral, FL) : High Reward
- High accountability comes before high reward in ministry.
- 1. How is it with your soul?
- 2. How is it with your ministry?
Keld Dahlman – Aarhus Valgmenighed : Sustainable Staff
- Extended family.
- An extended family is a network of people that share a common vision for the Kingdom of God and share resources to accomplish that vision.
Charles Lee – Ideation (Torrance, CA) : Fight Club
- Invite people to fight.
- Determine some basic rules. What’s allowable? What’s out of bounds? Who makes the ultimate decision?
- Play by the rules and model the fight.
- Keep the fight underground. Determine who needs to be involved in the conversation.
- Celebrate the win together.
Related Posts –
- The Nines 2011 – How I Do Vision – 10-10:30am notes
- The Nines 2011 – Family – 10:30-11am notes
- The Nines 2011 – Discipleship – 11-11:40am notes
- The Nines 2011 – Grace – 11:45am-12pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Time – 12:10-12:40pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Preaching – 12:40-1:10pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Vision – 1:15-1:40pm notes