The Nines 2011 – Physical – 2:15-2:45pm notes
Shawn Lovejoy – Mountain Lake Church (Cumming, GA) : Embrace Criticism?
- Acts 6:1 Believers multiplied, rumblings of discontent
- Come to expect criticism and pain.
- Times have changed, critics have not.
- Embrace criticism.
Shannon O’Dell – Brand New Church (Bergman, AR) : Bodies Mastered by God
- To be a disciple means to be disciplined.
- We need to surrender our physical being to God.
- Not only physical, but emotional.
- That is emotional health. No other vocation needs more physical and emotional health.
- It’s a change of mind.
- Romans 12:1-2
- The local church is the hope of the world.
Lauri Beeshore -Mariner’s Church (Irvine, CA) : Leading with Enemies
- We are called to be good stewards of that.
- Learned that in order to lead, sometimes I was going to make some enemies & that was a part of my gift of service to Him
- Two books that have been helpful to me are Heroic Leadership by Chris Lowney & Counterfeit Gods by Tim Keller
David Door : Living in the Gap
- Healthy emotional living in the gap–gap of my vision & reality.
- I have to learn that you don’t owe God anything.
- God doesn’t owe me anything.
- God wants someone passionate about him first.
- Identify anger and deal with it.
- Learn to submit to what God is doing without lowering the bar.
- It is the gap that is making you the person God’s vision requires.
Related Posts –
- The Nines 2011 – How I Do Vision – 10-10:30am notes
- The Nines 2011 – Family – 10:30-11am notes
- The Nines 2011 – Discipleship – 11-11:40am notes
- The Nines 2011 – Grace – 11:45am-12pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Time – 12:10-12:40pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Preaching – 12:40-1:10pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Vision – 1:15-1:40pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Staff – 1:40-2:10pm notes