The Nines 2011 – Money – 3:25-3:55pm notes
Toby Slough – Cross Timbers Community Church (Argyle, TX) : Leaders are Dream Matchers!
- Before God can do something in church, God’s got to do something in you.
- You can’t talk to people about being more generous until equip them to increase margins.
Bill Cornelius – Bay Area Fellowship (Corpus Christi, TX) : God is the Safety Net
Five things –
- Senior Pastor is the chief fund-raiser. Lead financially.
- Learn how to budget on a shoe-string budget.
- We have a slim staff. I would rather have 5 staff and pay them like 7.
- Go to multiple services as fast as you can.
- Remember money is a tool for evangelism, not a safety net. God is your safety net.
Bruce Miller – Christ Fellowship (Mckinney, TX) : Transparent Accountability
- Transparent accountability
- How do you handle times when receive money from outside church (speaking, writing,etc)?
- Give a financial report to your Elders of how you’re spending the money.
- Transparent accountability has avoided problems.
Charles Hill – Talk it and Live it!
- Talk it.
- Live it.
- Be both compassionate and straight up with people about the subject of money.
- Live it out. You have to be bold.
Rick Mckinley – Imago Dei Community – Portland OR – Money is Messy!
- We need to desire Christ more than things & be more secure in Him than how much we have.
- Security comes from God.
- What resources have I been given that I can joyfully give at the cross?
Scott Wilson – The Oaks Fellowship (Red Oak, TX): Money Back Guarantee
- Help people in your church grow in the area of giving.
- God says test him in this.
- Did a 3 month tithe challenge and if for whatever reason God didn’t come through they could come tell me and get their money back.
- This is a place of compassion.
Related Posts –
- The Nines 2011 – How I Do Vision – 10-10:30am notes
- The Nines 2011 – Family – 10:30-11am notes
- The Nines 2011 – Discipleship – 11-11:40am notes
- The Nines 2011 – Grace – 11:45am-12pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Time – 12:10-12:40pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Preaching – 12:40-1:10pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Vision – 1:15-1:40pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Staff – 1:40-2:10pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Physical – 2:15-2:45pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Discipleship – 2:45-3:20pm notes