The Nines 2011 – Family – 4-4:30pm notes
Jud Wilhite – Central Christian Church (Henderson, NV): It’s Worse than you Think!
- Your marriage and your family may be far more vulnerable than you think it is.
- However high you think the statistics are they are higher.
- My family is my first ministry and small groups.
- I had to say yes to the best things – my kids and my family and say no to some really great things.
- Be home more nights than you’re gone.
- The greatest thing you can share with your kids is a healthy marriage.
Thom Rainer – Lifeway Christian Resources (Nashville, TN): LIFE on PURPOSE
- 1 Timothy 3:5
- Place a priority on intentional time with your children.
Stacy Spencer – New Direction Christian Church (Memphis, TN): LIFE on PURPOSE
You have 3 priorities.
- Wife and kids
- Guard your time with your family.
- Be intentional about communication strategies
- The most important ministry you have right now is your spouse and your children.
Matt Fry – C3 Church (Clayton, NC): The Juggling Act
- Joshua 24:15
- Plan a treat with your spouse every year.
- Do life together.
- Date your mate.
- Pray and study God’s Word. Take time to pray over each of your children.
Rafael Castillo – Christ Tabernacle (Queens, NY): LIFE on PURPOSE
- Life on Purpose
- Write a personal mission statement.
- Budget your time.
- Identify your roles.
- Do everything on purpose.
Robert Emmit – Community Bible Church (San Antonio, TX): Top Priority
- Make your family a top priority.
- Family is a high priority throughout the scriptures.
- Go out on dates with your wife.
- Go to your kids events.
- Tell your church that your top priority is your family.
- Go to church every week.
- Manage your money together.
- Make every anniversary a honeymoon.
Becky Alexander – Cross Point Community Church (Nashville, TN): Be Creative
- The primary key to balancing family and ministry is BE CREATIVE!
Herbert Cooper – People’s Church (Oklahoma City, OK): The Greatest Gift
- I’ve never put my wife in a box or role.
- My number one ministry is my family.
- The greatest gift you provide your church is modeling a healthy marriage and family.
- My number one ministry is my wife and my kids.
Related Posts –
- The Nines 2011 – How I Do Vision – 10-10:30am notes
- The Nines 2011 – Family – 10:30-11am notes
- The Nines 2011 – Discipleship – 11-11:40am notes
- The Nines 2011 – Grace – 11:45am-12pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Time – 12:10-12:40pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Preaching – 12:40-1:10pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Vision – 1:15-1:40pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Staff – 1:40-2:10pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Physical – 2:15-2:45pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Discipleship – 2:45-3:20pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Money – 3:25-3:55pm notes