The Nines 2011 – Discipleship – 2:45-3:20pm notes
Phillip Nation – Lifeway Christian Resources (Nashville, TN) : Friend Request
- Discipleship moves people from being “self consumed” to being “self feeders” and ultimately to being “Kingdom focused.”
- I’m not your mentor, I’m just your friend.
- How do you want to move people from self consumed to self feeders to Kingdom focused?
Frank Turk – CalvanistGadfly.com : Batman to the Rescue
- I can’t lead like Jesus because I am not Jesus. I have to lead like someone God has called.
- You must be a servant.
- Confessing our sins specifically when we blow it.
- I need to be a servant for the sake of others.
Mark Jobe – New Life Community Church (Chicago, IL) : Nuclear Discipleship
- The smaller the focus the greater the impact.
- Who are we intensely focused on?
- We take a B.A.S.I.C. approach to personal discipleship.
- S.piritual discipline
- Character discipline
Dave Gibbons – NewSong Church (Irvine, CA) : Communal Living as Disciple Making
- Intentional community is key to life change.
- The people closest to Jesus were his “dust catchers.”
- Sincerely trust the Holy Spirit.
Ron Edmondson – Grace Community Church (Clarksville,TN) : Take it Personally
- Don’t neglect the few because you can’t disciple the many.
- Be intentional in disicipling a few
Steve Robinson – Church of the King (Mandeville, LA) : Who Leads the Leaders?
- Everybody needs a coach otherwise you’re left with only your own insight into your life.
- A biblical coach has outside insight.
- Every leader needs a coach.
Bob Roberts – Northwood Church (Keller, TX) : Making Disciples for the WORLD!
5 things that are critical if you’re going to make disciples for the world –
- It’s hear and obey. Hear it and obey it. Learn it as you go.
- Build discipleship into the daily fabric of life.
- Broaden your context of the church!
- Integrate believers and non-believers in ministry.
- Release the body of Christ.
Dave Browning – Christ the King (Burlington, WA) : Fave Five
- Each person in our church is expected to primarily invest in 5-7 people.
- Each year, we ask leaders who is in their “span of care” and who is “new” to their “span of care”
Related Posts –
- The Nines 2011 – How I Do Vision – 10-10:30am notes
- The Nines 2011 – Family – 10:30-11am notes
- The Nines 2011 – Discipleship – 11-11:40am notes
- The Nines 2011 – Grace – 11:45am-12pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Time – 12:10-12:40pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Preaching – 12:40-1:10pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Vision – 1:15-1:40pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Staff – 1:40-2:10pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Physical – 2:15-2:45pm notes