The Nines 2011 – Vision – 7:20-8pm notes
Nancy Ortberg – Menlo Park Presbyterian Church (Menlo Park, CA): What’s Up, Dog?
- The people that God sent you are a vision of where you’re supposed to start.
- Give people opportunities, challenges and relationships.
- Offer a “migratory path.”
- After hearing a story and placing a person in a role as a volunteer with a shepherd, revisit to understand if this is a good fit or if they need to move somewhere else.
- Encourage conversation.
- Give them challenges once you get them in the right place.
- Give people a relationship with you.
Todd Bishop – The Point Church (Long Island, NY): Vision of an Identity Crisis
- God has called us to be original.
John Bishop – Living Hope Community Church (Vancouver, Washington): Dangerous Church
- I really believe that the church has to get outside of the church.
- Vision is about seeing something that is so big that when it happens, only God can get the credit.
- Keep your eye on the ball.
- If my church and your church cease to exist would your community notice?
- Let’s be people who will see risk to see our cities turned upside down for the glory of Christ.
- Stay dangerous.
Terrance Johnson – Higher Dimension Church (Houston, TX): The Big Mac of Vision
- Start with the what.
- Move to the WHO!
- Figure out the HOW!
Pete Hise – Quest Community Church (Lexington, KY): Living and Dying by The Vision
- What is the vision of your church?
- Every church has a vision.
- Is the vision producing passion in your people?
- It’s time some of our churches admit that we have a vision.
- Vision shouldn’t be like the bi-laws of your organization – you shouldn’t just refer to it when there’s a problem!
- There is a problem – often, we’ve lost track of our vision! Go find it and see if it lines up with Scripture!
- The mission of the church is to make disciples!
Amy Hanson – Author & Consultant (Omaha, NE): Balancing Act
- What is not occuring that should be?
- Have to balance what’s not happening with what is happening.
- The balanced focus will enable the most significant expression of your vision.
Derwin Grey – Transformation Church (Indian Land, SC): The Naked Preacher
- Conveying the vision God has laid on your heart will require a team of people.
- Mobilization is the difference between a vision and a dream.
- Upwards – Inward – Outward.
- Vision mobilizes people to do something.
- The Vision Frame is a key lens to see where God is taking us.
- The wake up call.
- The mind stretch.
- The God smile.
- Are we stewarding an audacious faith?
- It’s not about us, its about what God dreamed.
7 Keys to lasting in ministry –
- Learn to enjoy the grace of God. God only uses imperfect people.
- Be yourself. Be authentic.
- It’s not about you. It’s all about Him, not about us.
- You spell love – T.I.M.E – time. The only way to teach ministry is to be taught.
- Make time for personal renewal.
- Live in light of eternity.
Related Posts –
- The Nines 2011 – How I Do Vision – 10-10:30am notes
- The Nines 2011 – Family – 10:30-11am notes
- The Nines 2011 – Discipleship – 11-11:40am notes
- The Nines 2011 – Grace – 11:45am-12pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Time – 12:10-12:40pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Preaching – 12:40-1:10pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Vision – 1:15-1:40pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Staff – 1:40-2:10pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Physical – 2:15-2:45pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Discipleship – 2:45-3:20pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Money – 3:25-3:55pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Family – 3:55-4:30pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Vision – 4:45-5:15pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Time – 5:20-5:50pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – How I Do Preaching – 5:50-6:25pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Staff – 6:25-6:50pm notes
- The Nines 2011 – Physical – 6:50-7:15pm notes