20 Ways You Can Make A Difference in the Lives of Children
Walking down the street to the park just my cousin and I we stop to smell flowers, count the drains, and stay out of the way. She runs across the grass when we arrive, takes off her shoes in a designated spot and starts to play.
Swinging high in the sky I start to think, “I’m making an impact in her life nomatter what I do or say.” I can choose to spend time with her by playing or going for a walk, or I can choose to say I’m busy and not play at all. I want to make a good difference in her life and all the kids I’m around and maybe you’re reading this too and are thinking, “I want to but what are some ways I can do that?”
20 ways you can make a difference in the life of a kid are –
- Spend time with them.
- Ask them what they want to do and join in.
- Push them on the swings or merry-go-round.
- Slide or play a game of tag with them.
- Make them laugh about something good.
- Color, do puzzles, draw, or do another table activity with them.
- Bake cookies, pizza, or a favorite snack together.
- Let them help you rinse or dry dishes.
- Play a favorite game with them.
- Read some books together.
- Go for a walk.
- Play with them at the park.
- Jump rope or on the trampoline together.
- Go swimming or build a sandcastle with them.
- Allow them to do the things they can do and encourage them.
- Smile and help them make the right decisions.
- Speak calmly no matter the situation.
- Give them choices to get them to do what they need to do instead of yelling at them. (Ex: You can choose to put the toys away or sit in the chair.)
- Let them help choose what to have for a meal or snack.
- Give them lots of love and show them that you care about them.
What are some other ways we can make a difference in the lives of children? Which is your favorite?