Awakening 2011 – Session 8 notes – Bill Johnson
“Revival isn’t just one night. Revival starts and can continue your entire life.”
- We’ve been called to make a difference.
- God lights the fire on the alter but we keep it burning.
- We have the ability to love God because he loved us first.
- All we can ever do is respond to what he is already initiated.
- We’ve been given the opportunity to change the course of history.
- A renewed mind is seeing through God’s eyes.
- It’s the people that learn to see the oak tree from the acorn.
- If you can’t get happy over a headache that’s gone you can’t be trusted with an empty wheelchair.
- Any indication of presence is the beginning of celebration.
- Honor is where you recognize who a person is without stumbling over who they are not.
- If you don’t know how to give honor you won’t know how to receive honor.
- Honor people into their destiny.
- People will be free to dream because they know you.
- Honor only comes out of humility. Humility puts us in a position to give honor.
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, .. Isaiah 61:1 NIV
- Faith operates in the context of love.
- It’s the spirit of God that enables us to do what only God to do.
- The kingdom of God is in the Holy Spirit. The realm of his dominion is in the Holy Spirit.
- Authority comes in the commission, the power comes in the encounter.
- The unbelief in the room can shut down the corporate anointing but it can not shut down your personal belief.
- Jehovah Rapha – the God who heals
- If God honors you, say thank you. Then get alone with him.
- It’s about shaping culture. About changing the way people think. ..
- What kind of anointing rests on the people around you?
- It’s time to celebrate strengths without grumbling over weakness.
- I believe we are positioned to change culture through a very thing called honor.
- It’s worshipers that do it when nobody is watching and recognize the spirit of presence.
- Give God your nights. Your spirit doesn’t sleep, he can download into you while you’re sleeping. Engage God as you sleep. (paraphrased)
- Recognize the presence of God.
- Our senses are designed to recognize the presence of God.
- Everything about you is created to recognize him.
- We are people of honor. We are people of breakthrough.
- We are not those who revolt, we are those who serve.
- Some of you would see revival in church if you’d start asking.
- We are people who have been commissioned.
Related posts –
- Awakening 2011 – Session 1 – Kim Walker-Smith
- Awakening 2011 – Session 2 notes – Banning Liebscher
- Awakening 2011 – Session 3 notes – Lou Engle
- Awakening 2011 – Session 4 notes – Sean Smith
- Awakening 2011 – Session 5 notes – Reinhard Bonnke
- No notes from session 6 – I wasn’t around.
- Awakening 2011 – Session 7 notes – Reinhard Bonnke