Awakening 2011 – Session 3 notes – Lou Engle
- God wants to raise a prayer everywhere.
- Prayer poured put, releases the movement Holy Spirit.
Matthew 4:23 – And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people. (NKJV)
- It’s a culture of signs and wonders.
- The sign of the kingdom is the break in of power.
- The signs and wonders were to get people to the mountain, to the stadium. To teach them that it’s not just signs and wonders but it’s a culture, a Jesus culture.
- If you think this was important for the first breed of revivalists maybe this is the last breed of revivalist.
- I want a people that look, love, forgive, stay married like me (Jesus).
- We’re a generation built for the supernatural, for sensation and experience.
- Jesus is love but he is also truth.
Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes (NKJV)
- I believe that part of the mourning is a hunger for Jesus.
- Blessed are the pure in heart that are not looking for money..
- Blessed are the peacemakers, not the peacekeepers.
- I tell you generation there is coming a great persecution.
- We’re going to learn how to pray for those.
- Pray for those who revile you.
Matthew 5:13-44 (NKJV)
- You are the light of the world.
- Love is the fulfillment of the Law.
- You don’t retaliate, you’re a shock absorber of the pain.
- Jesus I want to live the Sermon on the Mount.
- Jesus is saying, “I want the culture of the kingdom on the earth.”
- You want to see revival breakout? Go to the phones and call those who have odds against you.
- Great outpouring of the spirit during the Jesus movement.
- The revival started with a phone call.
- Don’t go worship until you’ve dealt with issues in your own heart.
- If you open a door it’ll possess you.
- Jesus, slice me and dice me, but make me a Jesus culture.
- You give it all, you give it all.
- You cannot criticize President Obama if you’re not praying for him.
- Be prophets but pray.
Matthew 6:19, 7:21-27 (NKJV)
Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock – Matthew 7:24 (NKJV)
- Guaranteed storms and shakings are coming to America and there will be a Jesus culture that’ll stand.
- Those first revivalists shook the world. Why not you?
- I challenge you – read the Sermon on the Mount every week.
Related posts –