4 Ways to Put God First in the New Year
This week at Lifechurch.tv Church Online we’ve been learning about “FIRST,” ways we put God first in our day, week, month, and year. New Year, New You, try putting God first this year in the four following ways.
First Things First
1. First of the Day – Seek God
…O God, You are my God; early will I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. Psalm 63:1 NKJV
Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed. Mark 1:35
2. First of the Week – Worship
On the first day of the week we came together to break bread…Acts 20:7
Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another… Hebrews 10:25
3. First of the Month – Tithe
A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the Lord; it is holy to the Lord. Leviticus 27:30
4) First of the Year – Fast
Declare a holy fast; call a sacred assembly. Summon the elders and all who live in the land to the house of the Lord your God, and cry out to the Lord. Joel 1:14
Some things to consider (from the Talk It Over notes) –
- What kind of a year was 2010 for you spiritually?
- To put God first, what area of your life most needs to change?
- What specific tools, relationships, or resources will help you put first things first in 2011?
Put God first this year.
– First Things First through the Talk It Over notes were taken from the Lifechurch.tv sermon notes (not mine, though edited slightly).
– To watch/listen to this message check out FIRST wk1 here.
Related Posts –