Passion 2011 Session 5 – notes
Isaiah 26:8 – “Yes Lord, walking in the way of Your truth we wait eagerly for You, for Your name and renown are the desire of our souls.”
Starting out the year with Passion 2011 is a great way to start with God and to renew your passion for God and living for Him this year. If you’re not there LIVE you can watch online here, it’s where I’m watching and it’s great.
- Do you feel more loved because God makes much of you or do you feel more loved because God enables to you to make much of Him?
- All of our joys have a foundation except one. Any happiness that you have in something has a foundation except one.
- Making much of you or making much of God.
- God or self is our foundation.
- It’s a glorious thing to be freed from self to make much of God.
- This God you are worshipping is committed to making much of you.
- Do you enjoy God making much of you because it shows you the kind of God that He is?
- He has become the bottom (foundation). Our joys are because God is at the bottom.
- Jesus is the way.
- New birth is something new at the bottom (a new foundation).
- Eph 1:5
- Love towards me (God) with a view of making much of God.
- John 17:20 God shows his love for us by the way he prays for us.
- 7 ways God makes much of you. God makes much of us by –
- being pleased with us and commending our lives.
- making us fellow heirs with his Son who inherits everything in the universe.
- having us sit at the table when Jesus returns and He serves us as though we were the slaves and he is the master.
- appointing us to carry out the judgement of angels
- ascribing value to us and rejoicing over us as his treasured possession
- (missed it)
- granting you to sit with Christ on his throne
- Why does God reveal his acts of love in a way that he gets the glory? God’s love for you that makes much of his glory is a greater love than if he made you your supreme treasure.
- God loves you. He wants you to feel loved today. You are precious to Him.
- I (God) love you and you are so precious to me that I will not let your preciousness to me become your God. I will be your God.
- With God at the bottom (as our foundation) nothing can stop us.
“Let the glory of Your name be the passion of the Church
Let the righteousness of God be a holy flame that burns
Let the saving love of Christ be the measure of our lives
We believe You’re all to us”
– All to Us by Chris Tomlin