18 Guidelines to Help you Live a Life of Love
“Treat others how you want to be treated. Treat like truth, not trash.” – inspired by a friend. Recently while reading in Romans I came across the following passage about love. It gives some good guidelines to live by, and also shows what our life should look like if we are treating people like truth and not trash. Check it out –
Love must be sincere.
- Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.
- Be devoted to one another in brotherly love.
- Honor one another above yourselves.
- Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
- Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
- Share with God’s people who are in need.
- Practice hospitality.
- Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
- Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.
- Live in harmony with one another.
- Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.
- Do not be conceited.
- Do not repay anyone evil for evil.
- Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
- Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. On the contrary:
- “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”
- Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
I know I am lacking and need to work on some of these and I’m sure you do too. What is one area you will work on? Think about it, and if comfortable share with us in the comments section. I’ll go first, come join the conversation.