HooteSuite and Seesmic
Posted by tijuanabecky
Continuing to look at web/desktop apps this week that help you keep up with Twitter and Facebook. David and Jason commented on Seesmic and HootSuite so I thought I’d check them out…
– No downloads, can view Twitter and Facebook friend updates within Hootsuite. Downside – have to create an account, requiring a full name, email address, and password.
“Seesmic Web is a web application helping to easily manage and build your community directly in your browser…” – http://seesmic.com/app
“Seesmic produces a number of social network clients including:
- Seesmic for Windows – a popular Twitter client for Windows written in Microsoft .NET
- Seesmic Web – a Twitter web application client for Twitter written using Google Web Toolkit
- Seesmic for Android – a native twitter client for Android
- Seesmic for BlackBerry – a native twitter client for BlackBerry” and others– http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seesmic, http://seesmic.com
– Can login with Twitter/don’t have to create an account, no email or name required, no downloads. Downside – can’t view or post to Facebook.
What do you like or dislike about either of these? What other web/desktop apps are you using to keep up with Twitter and Facebook?
Related Post –
- TweetDeck Review (yesterday)