Posted by tijuanabecky
I’ve been seeing that many people use an app to post from their phone to Twitter, Facebook, etc; or/and on their computer from Twitter to Facebook. I finally gave in and downloaded TweetDeck for the desktop.
“TweetDeck is an Adobe AIR desktop Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and MySpace application. Like other Twitter applications it interfaces with the Twitter API to allow users to send and receive tweets and view profiles. …” –en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TweetDeck
TweetDeck uses columns and you can easily see what your friends are saying. For the most part I like it. Some things that I like and dislike are –
- Can see “All Friends,” “Replies,” “DM’s” etc all from one page.
- Can post from Twitter, Facebook, and other accounts, just from one or to them all at the same time.
- Built in url shortener.
- No fail whale.
- Pop up tweet window – it checks twitter every minute or so and you see the new tweets in a pop up window in the top right of your browser. Pops up and then goes away, very useful as long as you pay attention.
- It doesn’t like to post to Facebook (for me anyway). Update: it’s working now
- Sometimes fails to post your update so you have to refresh and try again.
- Is another window to have open – being a desktop app it cannot be a tab in the browser.
Thinking about checking out some of the other desktop or online apps for Twitter too. See what all is out there and what I like best and which is most useful for my situation. Would love to hear your thoughts about which I should check out.
If you use TweetDeck what are your thoughts on this application? What other twitter online or desktop apps are you using or have tried? Which have you found to be most affective?