Questions to Ask When You Need Blog Post Ideas
Laying here feeling the need to blog. But what to blog about. I could blog about this or that or this or that but what do I choose? Guess I’ll just start typing and see what happens. This is how I’m feeling right now, though what to blog about? Maybe I’ll blog about just that.
I find that sometimes when I can’t decide what to blog about if I just start typing it’ll organize itself and have turned into a good post of sorts by the end. Here are a few questions you can ask yourself that I’ve found help me when I can’t think of something or not sure which one to choose –
- What have I done or learned today? Could this benefit other bloggers?
- What is something my readers need or want to hear about?
- Is there something I’ve been wanting to blog about but haven’t found the time to?
- Can I just start typing and let my hands and mind work together and let a blog post form?
- Could I blog about something in the song I’m listening to, or a the book or blog article I’m reading?
- What’s happening on twitter or Facebook that I could blog about?
- Would what I’m thinking about help another reader?
- What’s happening around me that I could blog about?
- Is it time for a journal entry or to blog about something that needs to be done around my blog?
- What scripture or quote did I just read, could I share that?
These are a few of the many questions I’ve used when looking for something to blog about. What do you do, how do you discover what to blog about when you’re not sure?