31dbbb Day13 – Summary of What I Learned, + Blog Tips
Yesterday was Day 13 of 31dbbb, we were supposed to take a trip to the Mall and just observe the people there, what they were doing, and what was happening in the Mall. I’m in a small town and far from a Mall so I did this a little differently…
The five lessons I learned from this experience are –
- Be Still and Listen
- Observe what’s happening around you by watching and listening.
- Let children be helpful, give them room to try new things. Let them help with the things that they can.
- Online conferences are great, blog them share your notes, take the opportunity (politely) to follow new people on Twitter and to make your blog known
- Satan is real, we can defeat him, God has already won, we have the power to overcome, run towards the Devil
Now how does all of this apply to blogging?
- You can blog about conferences, what you see around you, what you’re learning,
- You can take what you learn and turn them into a series of posts. in my case it could each lesson (1-5) and make them each a separate blog post, or expand on them even more in another blog post.
- Break up long posts and turn them into several shorter ones.
- You can write about your day, put it in story form, make people imagine, or any other way you want to tell it
- Be still and just take time to listen and see what you’re being told to write about
Those are a few of the things I learned yesterday from “taking a trip to the mall.”
What did you learn from 31dbbb day 13?