Email a Reader, Blogging Tips, and Link Posts
Emailing a reader can be fun and is a great way to thank someone for reading your blog. Linking to other bloggers is a great way to help other bloggers get readers, develop relationships, and share. In a way “linking” could be a blogging tip. I also see linking as a way to make sure you’re not claiming something as your own that isn’t. If you quote somebody, or reference something, add the link so your readers know where it came from.
There are lots of tips, tricks, and tutorials out there for bloggers, most of what I know have come from Scott Williams and a couple other bloggers. Check out these 5 blog posts for some ideas –
- Must-Read Tips and Tutorials for Bloggers -Phillip Gibb
- How to Get Traffic to Your Blog – Seth Godin
- 27 Blogging Secrets to Power Your Community – Chris Brogan
- 7 Ways to Get More Blog Subscribers, – Scott Williams
- TwitterBlogology — is The Scientific Method of Leveraging Twitter For Your Blog. – Scott Williams
A few of my favorite tips are
- Use lists
- Write about stuff people want to read and share
- Use pictures
- Mix the length and type of posts
- Be consistent
- Share on twitter
Thank you to all of you who blog about tips and tricks for blogging, twitter, and social networking. I’ve learned a lot about what to do, not do, and ideas. If it weren’t for you guys I would’ve had to learn the hard way. Thank you!