Your Community – What is it?
Your Community is important to you, your life, and your family. We need community. Your Community refers to here as your town/district/area/township, the people, all depending on where you live. Today we are looking at what community is.
- a group of people living in a particular local area; “the team is drawn from all parts of the community”
- common ownership; “they shared a community of possessions”
- a group of nations having common interests; “they hoped to join the NATO community”
- agreement as to goals; “the preachers and the bootleggers found they had a community of interests”
- residential district: a district where people live; occupied primarily by private residences
- (ecology) a group of interdependent organisms inhabiting the same region and interacting with each other
In a community the people work together, do life together, the council makes decisions, you have your stores and schools and services. You work together as a neighborhood, district, or township to accomplish things. This video “Living In Community” byamarakaruna does a great job of explaining community through song.
In a community you have transportation, schools, your neighborhood, events, and needing to know how to stay informed about all of these things. This week we’ll take a look at all of these things.