Things to Decide Before Starting A Blog
Day 2 of 31dbbb is List Posts. My list is about “Things to Decide Before Starting A Blog.”
There is a lot to consider when you first start blogging. You know you want to blog but between knowing you want to and making it a reality where do you start?
You need to consider –
- Where to blog – will you use WordPress, Blogger, Xanga, TypePad, ..
- Blog name – deciding what to name your blog,
- Password – you have to think of a good password that you can remember
- Public or Private – will you use your blog as a private journal, a place to share what’s going on in your life, or for teaching
- Professional or Non Professional look – WordPress has a more professional look to it, while blogger not so much
Some tips for helping you figure these out –
- Ask friends who blog for advice
- Tweet or ask on Facebook for advice
- Think about who will be reading your blog
- Are you looking to blog where it’s free, or are you willing to pay for a better blog
- Google the questions you may have, and what services are out there
- Look at other blogs for ideas
Once you’ve decided where to blog follow the page that leads you through creating your blog. It’ll ask you for a blog name (have several ideas), password, your name, … If you’re ready to give it this information before you get to this page things will be less stressful. After you have successfully created your blog, you have a lot to consider about the layout, theme, what to blog about, and all the other settings that come with it. These are the things I’ve learned from starting this blog.